Standards Organization) is a worldwide organization of national
bodies for standardization. The construction of the international
standards is being completed through ISO technical committees. But
the idea for quality is not a discovery of the modern world..
It is believed that the first written document which contains the
factors of quality is The Book of the Dead which dates
from the time of Ancient Egypt.
The history goes on...
International Standard Organization (ISO) was founded
1946 in Geneva and it created the first international standards
for production, trade and communications. Since then a large number
of standards are issued, which cover almost all activities within
the industry and trade and their specifics according to the activities.
FOOD CONSULTING with its highly educated and trained
stuff can help you with the implementation of couple of them:
ISO 9000 series initially appeared in 1987 and
it lays the general conditions and the necessary components on controlling
the quality, as well as the basic rules and requirements in details
for a quality functioning within all industrial branches.
Furthermore, the development of this series goes according to the
It indicates the following:
- 1994: First complete revision: ISO 9000, 9001, 9002, 9003, 9004
- 2000: Second revision: ISO 9000, 9001, 9004
- ISO 9000:2000 (Foundation and vocabulary generalities)
- ISO 9001:2000 (Requirements, certification design
is always present in the scope of certification)
- ISO 9004:2000 (Guideline for the improvement of performances)
manual for executing improvements (TQM)
The next revision follows, ISO 9000:2005 is already
issued, and it is awaited upon the issuing of the new revision ISO
The standard according to which the companies acquire a certificate
is ISO 9001: 2000; ISO 9000 contains the terms and definitions,
and ISO 2004 contains explanations that could really help one company
to be one step ahead from the already implemented ISO 9001.
At the moment there are over 500.000 ISO 9001 certificated companies
Working in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001 standard
and the certification will help you to:
- achieve unity in the organization concerning the goals
- apply rational planning and managing with the resources
- reduce the expenses caused by the insufficiently qualitative
- promote and improve your business and marketing
- increase the profit
- make your business partners confident and satisfied from working
ISO 14001 is an international standard which defines
the parameters that are necessary for the System for managing with
the environment. It provides highly effective, globally accepted
frame for implementing and continual improvement of an applicable
system for managing with the environment in times of production
The implementation of ISO 14001 standard will help you to:
- improve the productiveness
- reduce the expenses for energy and insurance
- be permanently compatible with the legislative
- be recognizable in public for your efforts for protection of
- remain in close relations with your business partners, self
government and public services
ISO 22000:2005 is a standard which defines the
requirements that one company should fulfill in order to establish
a system for managing the food safety.
Within this standard all requirements are defined which refer to
all companies that are part from the food chain.
To the food chain belong:
The implementation of this standard will help you to:
- the producers of fodder
- the primary production
- the manufacturers
- the transport companies
- the companies which store food
- and all companies that produce equipment, packing materials,
cleansers, disinfectants, as well as producers of additives...
- establish a system for production of safety food, a system
which you will be able easily to renew, maintain and improve
- work according to the latest law regulations (valid for
Macedonia and EU)
- actively follow the clients' requirements, as well as
searching for ways to satisfy them
- set up a system of communication with the other members of the
food chain with particular emphasis on the food safety
The crucial difference between HACCP and ISO 22000:2005
lies in the fact that HACCP gives you opportunity to choose to which
extent in the production you can bear the responsibility for the
safety of the food, while ISO 22000:2005 gives you no right for
an exception, everybody are involved in the system starting from
the primary production, as well as the producers of equipment, additives...